On Wednesday, June 7, female participants are invited to attend WomEN17, an exclusive event
aimed at those engaged in the energy field within academic, research and industry circles. Participants of WomEN17 will spend a wonderful evening above the roof tops of Dresden in the lounge of the “Felix” (Lebendiges Haus Dresden) and be given the opportunity to expand their network within the energy community and to exchange professional experiences or innovative ideas.
Kicking off the event, female keynote speakers with leading positions in academia and industry will give insights into their career paths and relay professional experiences. We hope this will be informative and encouraging for younger participants pursuing a career in the energy field and stimulate further discussion.
In the subsequent Lounge Talks, those attending WomEN17 will have the opportunity to join in a discussion around:
“The role of gas in Germany`s energy transition”
Our speakers will help motivate and facilitate the discussion and exchange of ideas by addressing the following questions in a short introductory speech:
- What current developments are shaping natural gas markets?
- What is the role of gas under climate mitigation strategies, especially with regard to Germany’s energy transition?
- In which sectors is gas demand likely to increase?
- What role are gas supplying countries, e.g. Norway or Russia, likely to play?
- What role can new sources of gas, such as shale gas or renewable gas be expected to play?
Afterwards, there should be plenty of time for personal talks at the buffet or later weather permitting at the cocktail bar on the roof terrace!
Don’t miss this opportunity to share knowledge and build relationships with female experts in energy science and other energy related fields. Join WomEN17 to discuss current challenges and innovative ideas for tomorrow!
|Date:||Wednesday, 7 June 2017, 6:00 pm – ca. 10:30pm (incl. transfer)|
Departure “Alte Mensa”, TU Dresdn; Bus transfer
6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
|Costs*:||Conference participants 30 €/Person; Others 80 €/Person|
|Number of participants:||the number of participants is limited; a waiting list may be offered|
|Deadline for Registration:||21st May, 2017|
We look forward to your registration** here 🙂
* The participation fee includes food and drinks for the reception and the dinner buffet as well as a farewell cocktail. All meals and drinks ordered after the farewell are to be self-paid.
* In individual cases, you can apply for a scholarship for participation in WomEN17 at the Chair of Energy Economics EE².
** Registration for the event is only available to female participants. WomEN17 is an event for female energy experts. It is not an entertainment programme for accompanying persons