The 2017 edition of the EEM Conference will be hosted by the Chair of Energy Economics at Technische Universität Dresden.
Dresden is the capital city of the state of Saxony in Eastern Germany. Magnificently located in the Elbe Valley, Dresden is one of the most beautiful baroque cities in all of Europe. The architecture of Dresden’s historic old town is stunning and the world famous art treasures are captivating.
Technische Universität Dresden
As of June 2012, TU Dresden is one of eleven German Universities of Excellence, making it one of the top universities in Europe. As a modern university with 14 faculties, it offers a broad variety of disciplines and covers a wide research spectrum. TU Dresden’s campus family comprises more than 37,000 students and about 8,000 employees. Here young people and scientists from over 120 countries are engaged in study and research activities. Prominently featured across the entire spectrum of TU Dresden´s faculties and institutes, energy and environmental topics constitute one of the five priority research areas at TU Dresden.
The EEM sessions will take place on the main campus of TUD which is located in the south of the Dresden City center.
A Campus-Navigator is available under https://tu-dresden.de/tu-dresden/campus/orientierung
EEM sessions will be held in the rooms of the central lecture hall (Hörsaalzentrum) of the TUD from 6-9 June 2017:
- Registration and Opening Tuesday, 6 June 2017, morning
- Closing Session Friday, 9 June 2017, afternoon
For floor plans and an overview about all lecture halls and seminar rooms of the Hörsaalzentrum are available under
The detailed schedule of sessions has yet to be finalised. It will then be available under the menu item “Programme”.
* Accuracy of information from forwarding links cannot be guaranteed
Getting to Dresden
The easiest means to get to Dresden is by train or by plane, flying to Dresden International airport or airports close to Dresden.
Dresden International airport and getting from the airport to the centre
There is the possibility to fly directly to Dresden International airport only from specific (!) international or national airports.
Dresden International airport is situated around 10km in the North of the city. The easiest way to get to the city centre is by taking the train or taxi.
- Train connection is regular all 30 minutes and takes around half an hour to main station. Prices for the train ticket are 2,30 Euro.
- Taxies are readily available from the airport to Dresden centre. Taxi drivers accept cash and on request various credit cards. Costs are approximately around 30 Euros from airport to Dresden centre.
Airports close to Dresden: Berlin-Schönefeld airport and Prague airport
Participants can also land first at other airports in cities located close to Dresden like Berlin or Prague and make their own way to Dresden. Both airports are in a distance of approximately 160 km to Dresden.
- There are regular bus connections from Berlin-Schönefeld to the train station Dresden with a travel time of approximately 2 hours.
- There are regular train and bus connections from Prague main station to main station Dresden with a travel time of approximately 2 hours. However, additional time has to be considered to come from Prague airport to the main station in Prague.
Local transportation in Dresden and how to reach the conference location
Dresden has a very convenient local traffic system reaching nearly all locations in Dresden by trams and buses.
Tickets are available
- valid for one hour at 2,30 € *,
- valid for one day at 6 € * and
- valid for whole week at 21 € *.
The conference location at the lecture hall can be reached by
- bus (station Technische Universität, Fr.-Förster-Platz) with bus lines 61, 63, 66, 352, 360, 366, 424 and
- tram (station Nürnberger Platz) with tram line 3 and 8 and a walking distance of approximately 6 to 7 minutes.
Journey planners are available
- Train connections: https://www.bahn.de/p_en/view/index.shtml *
- Trams and buses in Dresden City: https://www.dvb.de/en-gb/ *
* Accuracy and security of information from forwarding links cannot be guaranteed.
* * Accuracy of the information cannot be guaranteed. Prices are subjected to change.
EEM will offer several social events. You will find all information under the menu tab „Social Programme“.
Accommodation & Fees
All information about accommodation options and fees for the conference are available under the menu tab „Registration“.
Important Dates & Submissions Guide
Important dates and guidelines for authors are available under the menu tab „For authors“.
Please note that accompanying persons have to have be registered for all conference events they want to attend. Please complete the registration form in the menu category „Registration“ to sign up for the event.
Please complete the registration form in the menu category „Registration“ to sign up for the event.
If you want to attend the conference with children, we recommend to contact the Dresden Tourist Information Centre early enough in advance to choose a suitable child care from various offers in Dresden.